The Domino Project is a new way to think about publishing. Founded by Seth Godin, we're trying to change the way books are built, sold and spread. Find out more about our mission here.

Subscribers get free updates, alerts about seriously discounted pre-orders and our eternal gratitude.

In Search of a Domino Street Team

January 24, 2011
by Amber Rae

Subscribe to our free email newsletter. We'll update you once or twice a week, and we'll never rent or sell your email address to anyone. Thanks.

Hey, I’m Amber Rae, the Domino Project’s chief evangelist. Lovely to meet you.

Exciting news! The Domino Project is creating a worldwide street team. We’re on a mission to create a domino effect around the world, spreading ideas to people who care. We’re reinventing publishing, and that means we need a bunch of smart, vocal, passionate and connected people to help us do so.

How do you know if you’re a good fit? You are: a digital native who blogs, tweets and instagrams like nobody’s business. You take risks, challenge conventions, and care about reinventing outdated systems. You’re inspired by great thinkers like Seth Godin and organizations like TED, and you love spreading ideas that matter. When you read a great book, you immediately want to share it with others. It changed your life and you want it to change other people’s lives too. If that sounds like you, this is your opportunity.

In exchange for spreading the word, you’ll get a first look at new books, a platform for hosting fun events and other exclusive offers.

We’ll pick 50 or so people and the mission will last around six months, with the potential to go longer. We’ve never done this before, and though we certainly might fail, we’ll definitely create impact.

Apply here by this Friday, January 28 at Noon ET. While we can’t respond to everyone’s submission, we’ll connect with those who make the team by February 1. Good luck.

Amber Rae is The Domino Project’s chief evangelist. You can find more of Amber at heyamberrae.com or on Twitter @heyamberrae.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter. We'll update you once or twice a week,
and we'll never rent or sell your email address to anyone. Thanks.

{ 25 comments }

NYSGO January 24, 2011 at 11:29 am

Thanks to @heyamberrae for the Tweet.

@nysgo

Lindsay January 24, 2011 at 1:37 pm

What will you require people to do?

It sounds like you want a bunch of popular people to broadcast your “reinvention” of publishing.

Nicole Rushin January 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Curiosity killed the cat. I almost signed up, but I swore I would not take on any projects that eat up my time this year. Yikes. Can we get a little more info on what is required?

Justin Lukasavige January 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Love how you’re getting the word out! Hope I can help.

Noah Lomax January 24, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I’m pumped about the opportunity! Hope to be a part of it, whether officially or unofficially!

Noah

Kathie Green January 24, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Sounds amazing – will share this with friends. Can’t wait to hear more!

Daniel Karpantschof January 24, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Sounds interesting! Let me know if I can help out :)

- Daniel

Genco-Pura.com // MfNF.dk

dave January 25, 2011 at 12:32 am

I’m probably under qualified, but don’t care. I’m thinking this is going to be big. I want to be part of something real, that matters. Changing the world with information seems like the perfect choice!

Ivana Sendecka January 25, 2011 at 4:27 am

Yay,
these are such exciting times! I am getting word out about your bold linchpin like project, guys;-)
Greetings to NYC from Slovakia.
i.

Corinne North-Fuller January 25, 2011 at 6:13 am

Sounds exciting :) Sounds like something I do naturally! Ready for a challenge & to make a change :)

monika hardy January 25, 2011 at 7:19 am

cool jets Amber

Tyler Hurst January 25, 2011 at 10:09 am

If I’m not chosen, I’d like to help the person in my region that does.

Cool stuff everyone!

Elizabeth Presson January 25, 2011 at 10:38 am

I would love to be a part of this project. What an amazing opportunity! Can’t wait until February 1!

Michael Kennedy January 25, 2011 at 11:10 am

Let’s get to work!

Noah Fleming January 25, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Fantastic! Very exciting to hear this. What a great opportunity to round up a whole pile of linchpins!

Amber Rae January 25, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments!

@Nicole @Lindsay – As far as what we’ll require people to do, we’re looking for passionate people who care about spreading thoughtful and meaningful messages. It’s an opportunity to be involved with something important from the ground up. We’ll ask that you use your voice in a way that feels right to you. And together, we’ll make cool stuff happen.

This is our first time trying this, so we’ll learn as we go. That said, it’s not the type of opportunity where we’ll tell you how many hours you need to be involved or what exactly you should do. Instead, we’re bringing on those who take initiative and are eager to use their strengths and passions to spread ideas that matter.

Francesca Arce January 25, 2011 at 11:25 pm

I would love to be part of the Domino Street Team!
Every day I look forward to know more about the project.

donald salmon January 27, 2011 at 3:29 pm

this is a brilliant and ida that will work anything that gets literature to a wider audience can only be good for all parties this way beats the established method hands down hope that i can become one of many dominoes

leigh caraccioli January 28, 2011 at 5:36 am

Amber,

What an exciting project. I would love to be chosen to take part in sharing our voices to enact positive change but either way, I’ll help spread the word.

Leigh
@fleurdeleigh

Joep Kuijper January 28, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I submitted. I am so curious what content you’re working on.

Jacqueline Gikow January 29, 2011 at 4:23 am

This sounds like an interesting project, but right now is not a good time for me to get involved in someone else’s evangelism; I need all my energy to get my business off the ground.

Barb Quinn January 31, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hey, I am interested in your project. I founded one of the earliest online journals (our motto is saving trees since 1998) and believe totally in ebooks and net publishing. I have two novels out with a small e-publisher. Love what Seth Godin does. And love ideas.

Jimmy Johnston MBE February 2, 2011 at 9:59 am

Willing to add any encouraging, motivating, good news to my material – good luck with a very positive project.
Jimmy

Byron Welch February 3, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Willing to be a part of just about everything I’ve ever loved…..newness and the future of change.

Byron

Maya Elhalal February 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Pleasure to be on board!
What do TED, The Domino Project and anti-aging eye serum have in common? They all make me go beeish. And this is why I wanted in: http://mayaelhalal.com/blog/2011/02/05/what-do-ted-the-domino-project-and-anti-aging-eye-serum-have-in-common-bees/

{ 10 trackbacks }