About The Domino Project
What happens when a publisher has a tight, direct connection with readers, is able to produce intellectual property that spreads, and can do both quickly and at low cost? A new kind of publishing, the brainchild of Seth Godin, and powered by Amazon.
The Domino Project is named after the domino effect—one powerful idea spreads down the line, pushing from person to person. The Project represents a fundamental shift in the way books (and digital media based on books) have always been published. Eventually consisting of a small cadre of stellar authors, this is a publishing house organized around a new distribution channel, one that wasn’t even a fantasy when most publishers began.
We are reinventing what it means to be a publisher, and along the way, spreading ideas that we’re proud to spread. Our core beliefs:
- Exceptionally high quality ideas, created without regard for what bookstores and middlemen want.
- Ideas packaged with cogency and urgency in mind, not a word wasted, no filler.
- Permission at the heart of the model. Ideas for our readers, not more readers for our ideas.
- Virality first. An idea that requires a direct sale won’t thrive in a world where the most powerful ideas spread from hand to hand. Create content that works best when spread, and then package it so it’s easy to spread.
- Reward the sneezers who stand up and spread these ideas.
- No patience for obsolete institutions. Bestseller lists are not worth compromising for.
- Speed triumphs. Rapid time to market, rapid evolution, rapid response to reader feedback.
- Format agnostic. Kindle, audiobook, paperback, collectible… all good.
- Different products for different customers. A variety of price points and formats to match audience desires.
Find out more about Seth by reading his blog.